As a part of our ongoing commitment to the Buller community WestReef has developed a scholarship to provide the successful recipient assistance in achieving higher education qualifications and goals.
WHAT IS THE AIM OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
- To provide opportunity and assist students from the Buller region to attend a tertiary education facility and obtain qualifications of relevance to the civil engineering and construction industry.
- To develop and maintain a relationship with the recipient ensuring that they are supported within their course of study
- This scholarship will provide the successful recipient with a total ‘one-off’ $2000.00 payment along with the option of holiday work as outlined below.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Applications may be made by any student who or whose parents or guardians reside within the Buller District.
WHICH PROGRAMMES/DEGREES ARE RELEVANT?
The most relevant degrees in order of preference include but are not limited to:
- BE Engineering (Civil)
- Diploma Engineering (Civil)
- BLA Landscape Architecture / Design
- Bachelor of Commerce (accounting, other)
WHAT ARE THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
In awarding the scholarship the following factors will be considered.
- Academic results
- Relevance of course of study to the civil engineering / construction industry
- Personal achievements
- Sporting and cultural achievements
- Written presentation/Referee Reports
- Education at a local secondary school
WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCESS?
The successful applicant for the scholarship will be chosen by a panel in October each year.
IS THERE HOLIDAY WORK AVAILABLE?
The company will endeavour to provide suitable employment over the main tertiary holiday periods on a priority basis. Work for the company by the recipient of the scholarship will not be compulsory, nor will it be guaranteed.
WHAT IS THE CLOSING DATE?
Scholarship submission periods will be announced annually. Please check back on this page for the date.